Post 2 - Why Did You Choose This Career/Study Programme? (Dreamed job)
Hello there again!
Our second post you will have to write about your dreamed
work related to your career or studies. Please include the following
topics:
- your dream job(s) when you were a child.
- other career options that you had at the moment of applying to university.
- what made you decide for your current career in the end.
- your experience at university until now.
- the kind of job you would like to have in the future.
Number of words: 120 to 130, font: Arial, Calibri, size 11 – 12. Make comments on three of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher post as well (you have 36 hours to do so).
_______________________________________________________________________
As an English pedagogy undergraduate student, I wanted to work on
something related to my field. I dreamed all year long to get a position at a
travel agency guiding tourists throughout Valparaiso hills’. In the same way, I
also wished to get a job at the Pacific Terminal dock, where cruiser ships stopped
by with hundreds of travellers. I tried year after year, but I couldn’t make
it. On my final year at university, I end up translating some emails for a small
company. However, I always had the chance to teach people around me. I chose pedagogy because I enjoy seeing learners
learning. I didn’t try any other career as I didn’t aim to do anything else in
my life.
My experience at university was good. I learned a lot of new things and
met many interesting professors and classmates. Time to time a have contact
with some of my former friends and have a meeting all together!
Today I am teaching some Chilean Spanish and Spanish to foreigners
online. I am also preparing some learning materials for people interested in the way we use
the language hereabouts.



This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello Professor!!! It's great to read what you write, pedagogy is beautiful, I definitely share the thought. It also happens to me that I do not intend to do anything else, I can´t think of myself in another area, at least in the long term. I have a question, are those learning materials already available??? Thank you for your words.
ReplyDeleteSee you in classes.
Hello teacher!, Speaking chileno semms funny i hope i can see it one day.
ReplyDeletePedagogy is amazing, my mom and dad are teachers too and i really admire the passion that they have to teach. Have a nice day !
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHello teacher! it's great that you enjoyment to teach. Is a profession that i admire. I can see your vocation for the pedagogy. Congrats!
ReplyDeleteHi there! What a wonderful dream is travel on the sea doing what you love the most! I hope you're happy teaching people, it's sound really exciting to me, and really demanding too. Congrats for your bravery and persistense!
ReplyDeleteHey teacher! its nice that you enjoy your work! I feel the same when i'm teaching music, i think that its a pleasure to work on what we like! Curiously i tried to teach blues in english to a friend from Poland and it was a great and funny experience hahahaha. At that time maybe i learned more than the student hahaha! it was a free class, of course.
ReplyDeletehi teacher! I think it´s so great that you are still in touch with your former friends, I hope to keep in touch with my friends too when I get out of university. And it´s admirable your vocation for teaching!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice day :)
Hi teacher! It´s nice to read someone who enjoys his job, and more if is a teacher!. I would like to be a teacher to, I really enjoy teaching music to people. Have a nice day!
ReplyDeletehey teacher! it is so nice as a student to meet teachers who really love what they do, thank you for sharing life experiences! Pedagogy is something that really interests me right now, see you soon in class :)
ReplyDeleteHi teacher, I really love read your expressions about pedagogy, sound´s great, i want to be a teacher too, teach is something beautiful.
ReplyDeleteOh who entertained his work on the cruise, at this time I work as a bartender and I thought about working on a cruise, but well, my English is not very good (at the moment haha) Regards!
ReplyDeleteHi teacher! better late than never hehehe... Sometimes only one wishes one things, in your case studied pedagogy in english.
ReplyDeleteI wishes same, only have in my mind study plástics arts. I seemed interesting yours former dreams for work, despite not having obtein them.
(i learned new expressions with your post :D)
Hi teacher.
ReplyDeleteWow, Pedagogy seems to be a really fun career. I’m glad to hear that you enjoy teaching, I think that is really admirable, especially in these times. I hope your online classes go very well. I can imagine that it's really a new experience teaching in this way. I can only imagine that teaching in this context must be creatively challenging.
hello teacher, speaking chileno looks very fun, a guy holding a empanada in one hand, in the other a wine jug and a condor with natty eyes hehehehe. makes me think in condorito, the most funable bird in the country. personally, I like the huemul better. it's very noble and handsome. I wish the pudu were a national animal too.
ReplyDeleteAN EMPANADA* also I say funable in a funa way, chilean word to describe when you scrape somebody socially, because he/she/they did you some bad.... tot
Delete