BLOG 1 - My Auto Biography: Who am I?
Hello class, this is our first post for the current this semester. This time, you will have to write about yourselves as an auto-biography style. Please include the following topics:
+Birth info (Yours, parents, siblings, extended family)
+Studies
info (elementary/high school/ university, other studies)
+Family Info (important facts, place of
residence, other)
+Hobbies and/or interests (sports, collecting
something)
+Others... (photographs, anecdotes, funny stories, for example)
Number of words: 120 to 130, font: Arial, Calibri, size 11 – 12. Colour: Mostly black or a readable one. You have to make comments on three of your classmates’ posts + a comment on your teacher's post as well (you have 36 hours to do so).
Hello there, I am Juan, I was born in Valdivia. My parents were born there too in the mid-fifties.
As a southern boy, I really enjoyed the rain and winter. I am a member of a family of 4. Sometimes, I tend to say we were 6 as I like to include my grandmother and my dog. My father was a Mathematics' teacher at the local school. He liked to play chess and dominoes on Sunday evenings with me. My sister and mother are both nurses at the local hospital. They work together since my sister graduated from university. Usually they prepared sopaipillas for us on weekends. Grandmother enjoyed doing word jumble games.
Our dog has a black tail and likes to bark at the shadows. He is very playful but extremely cautious with strangers.
I studied at University of Valparaiso but finished here in Santiago. I also lived in England where I did a master. Teaching is what I like the most!



Hello teacher it´s a lovely story. I love the part when you evoke your family. I didn´t do that because they are with me now, but with yours words I felt a nostalgy for the past.
ReplyDeleteIn other hand your dog seems very happy in that picture, he´s smiling.
Thanks for sharing it!
N
Hi teacher! I love your dog, it's so cute. I think it is so amaizing that you studied in England, I dream to study in another country too.
ReplyDeleteRegards, Magdalena.
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeletehello!!, i hope you are very well, how cool to have studied in an other country, i bet you kind of miss being there. How delicious must be the sopaipillas they cook for you.
ReplyDeleteYou have a very cute and happy dog. thx you very much for sharing it.
See you in class
Hi teacher, it was nice reading your story. My family also used to make sopaipillas and they always were very delicious. Thank you very much for sharing a part of your life with us. I love Valdivia, it is a lovely place, also you have a very beautiful dog. It's so great to travel, I also intend to do it.
ReplyDeleteA hug.
Hey! Valdivia is so beautiful! I've been there a couple times, one of them was in 2017 for the cinema festival and it's a really good memory. Your dog is so beautiful. I really hope you tell us any story while you were living in England, you must have so many stories!
ReplyDeleteHave a nice weekend! see you next week teacher :)
Hi teacher! I enjoy the rain too, I travel to the south every summer and it´s nice to sleep while listening the rain or drink coffe and eat sopaipillas on a cold afternoon.
ReplyDeleteI think it´s so great that you studied in another country, it´s very insteresting!
Regards, Vanya
Helloo, that sounds a lovely family cooking sopaipillas and sharing time incluiding your grandma and dog too. I Iove sopaipillas and i think that you missed them when you went to live to England, (i mean to your family but maybe you missed sopaipillas too there haha). Last year i went to the South and i stayed a few days in Valdivia, the nature and landscapes was amazing and the cold weather is so cool.
ReplyDeleteRegards ✌🏽.
Hi teacher! I went to Valdivia a few years ago and i loved it. It's interesting when you said "Teaching is what I like the most!" because you mentioned sopaipillas before and i can't imagine something better than sopaipillas. I have a dog also, its name is Gaudí, i gave it that name because i really like Antonio Gaudí, the architect. Unfortunately my dog doesn't know anything about architecture but it's more nice than Antonio Gaudí.
ReplyDeleteHi teacher. His story is very nice.
ReplyDeleteI love the sopaipillas. Are delicious! Is ideal for days Valdivianos
Hi teacher! Also i like the rain, but prefer the sunny days jejejeje. i love dogs and your dog is vey cute.
ReplyDeleteHello Professor! great that you are from Valdivia, I have never been there, but I imagine it must be a beautiful place! Your family is very nice too, all with incredible professions !!
ReplyDeleteHi teacher! The south of our country is simply beautiful, there is nothing like native nature and a good cup of coffee while the rain sounds in the background, hopefully we can all travel soon to wherever we want...
ReplyDeleteRegards, Ljubica
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi teacher! I don't know what do you do with the hottest climate on Santiago or Valparaiso, its sunny everytime. For this things I lovely south of Chile, and when I go, always want to come back when left this places. I miss this town, it's so cute.
ReplyDeleteRegards!
Hi teacher a good story of you, I think you have an intelligent family with studios in universities, so interesing, I loved your dog and your grandma sound in my mind so lovely.
ReplyDeleteRegards Valentina.
brpbprpbpr
ReplyDeletehi teacher,
Deletesuch a nice dog.....looks so handsome in the picture. I heard that dogs barks to demons and darks spirits that we can't see cause they are in other dimensions...I think a lot about this when I see a dog barking to shadows and things like that. very spooky.
a hug xoxoxo (Valentina cárdenas l3 artes etc)
Hello teacher.
ReplyDeleteIt is really nice to know you are from the south of the country. I have lived there almost all my life. In my house, in winter, my family usually makes sopaipillas pasadas, a really nice dessert. Your dog seems to be really healthy, it looks like my dog Sasha, but with shorter hair.