POST 5 - A Photograph And Its Story
Hello class again! This week, I do hope you are giving
our best for our 5th post. On this occasion, we will be talking about photographs.
I believe we all have our favourite piece somewhere, hidden or uploaded, which
causes us to be proud of ourselves. Maybe you like a picture of a landscape or
that special pet that you care of so
much. I once read this comment about photographs…'a snapshot is a reflection of our memories, a cut of time preserved
for the future'. What do you think about it?
As for the present entry, you need to include the following steps:
- Who took it?
- What it shows?
- When it was taken?
- Why you like it? (give a couple of reasons)
- Upload it, too
Requirements for the entry:
For the present task, you need to write 140 to 145 words. Pay attention to misspellings, grammar errors and vocabulary. Do not forget to post three (3) comments on your classmate’s posts and one (1) on mine as well (25 words as a minimum!) Try to use the structures we have learned in previous lessons and all the English you know. DO NOT USE GOOGLE TRANSLATOR TO DO YOUR ENTRY. Give it a crack and good luck on your task! :)
Penco is a small town near Concepión. I captured this picture many years back. What I liked about that moment, was the fact that people were enjoying a warm summer day under the sun. There were dozens of tends and sun umbrellas across the beach. Children were drinking juice and youngsters were playing games laughing abundantly!
I remember people's voices, they all sounded so relaxed and happy. Some ladies were analysing the last events happening at their favourite soap opera. Some men were reading the local newspaper and some others were listening a sport game on the radio. The air was filled with a pleasant noise and the ambiance of families and good humour could be seen everywhere.
Time to time a 'micro' passed by announcing (shouting should I say) their way back to 'Conce' and some vendors were offering their products at lunch time...It was a lovely day strolling about in Penco beach, by the south of Chile.
I remember the weather was so perfect on that day, the funny thing is, the next day it was raining profusely and the beach was empty. The photograph was taken by my brother, mine went all blurred. Another interesting fact about that day, isn't it?

Hi teacher! How beautiful is the memory behind that photo! It is a really wonderful place. I do not know it, but I would like it a lot. How crazy that the next day it rained. Thank you for sharing this story with us, I can imagine each part that you tell. Those are memories that are missed with each part of the heart.
ReplyDeleteA hug!
Hello teacher, I'm sorry if didn't publish something before, I wasn't had very good internet... The first thing that I can remarke about your post is the poetinc way in that you described that day, I, as a good lector, I really could imagine the whole picture of that day and that was really awesome. Thank you very much for sharing this postal on this days of lockdown. Now I wanna go to the beach! haha.
ReplyDeleteSee you next time.
Nicolás M. González
This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteHi teacher! I was in Penco a while ago. It’s beautiful, I like the square and the wood sculptures around the square, my favourite is the Charles Darwin’s sculpture haha. Another thing I like is the giant bag of popcorn they sell haha. The picture is so nice. See you later!
ReplyDeleteHi teacher! It is a nice picture, but honestly, i prefer its description and the context hahaha. A few days ago i went to Constitución and i could enjoy the sea, the people, and some tasty drinks!
ReplyDeletewow, there were a lot of people, it´s strange that now in a pandemic it is weir to see crowds. I have never been to Penco, but the beach looks beautiful.
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing!
Oh professor, it is very nostalgic the picture if we think that we have been closed up in our houses for several months, I miss very much a trip to the beach before the pandemic, regards!
ReplyDeleteHi teacher!
ReplyDeleteIt´s very interesting how the picture and the description move us to the moment.
I think it´s nice to be in the beach and enjoy the moment obseving waves and people having a good time, I would love to be there.
Have a nice day!
Hi teacher!
ReplyDeleteWhat a beautiful beach, is nice photo, give me nostalgic because it has been a long time that i didt't go beach and as you described the moment
Wow, Teacher.
ReplyDeleteI’m very surprised you actually had been in Penco, where I have lived almost all my life. I really love that place and I’m very familiar with the constant changes in the weather. It is really a good place to be, at all seasons. Hope you could know more about it, I suggest you visit a beach called Punta de Parra, near Lirquén. Greetings!
hiiii, what's up teacher.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE PENCOOO, this summer I went to Concepción and I splashed my feet in that beach. such a nice memory with my friends and my band, we play in Conce before summer was ended. i miss travel with my friends and having fun with them. this year was very hard, isolated.